The Department of Political Science at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem seeks to fill one or more tenure-track positions (ranks: Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, or Associate Professor), beginning fall 2018. While seeking candidates with a record of excellence in research in all areas of political science, preference will be granted to the field of Israeli politics and society. Junior and senior scholars with a PhD in political science are encouraged to apply. ABD’s are expected to have their dissertation approved no later than October 1st 2018. Interested applicants are encouraged to arrange meetings with members of the Department at approaching conferences.
The Department of Political Science is committed to affirmative action in relation to applicants from groups under-represented in our faculty. We encourage women, minorities and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Several departments and programs at the Hebrew University conduct searches in fields related to political science. Candidates whose interests overlap with such fields are encouraged to apply also for these other positions. Among them are:
- International relations (contact: Prof. Dan Miodownik, Dan.Miodownik@mail.huji.ac.il)
- Philosophy, political science and economics (PPE) (contact: Prof. Shlomi Segal, email@example.com)
- European Forum (contact: Prof. Noam Shoval, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Public policy (contact: Ms. Meital Stein, email@example.com)
- Cultural Studies (contact: Dr. Nicole Hochner, firstname.lastname@example.org)
To apply, please submit the following materials:
• Curriculum Vitae (including teaching experience)
• Scientific biography outlining research orientation and plans for the coming years
• Electronic copies of up to three papers
• List of required and elective courses the candidate can teach
• A letter of intent stating willingness to begin teaching in the fall of 2018
Additionally, three letters of recommendation should be submitted directly to the Search Committee (via the website listed below).
The language of teaching at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem is Hebrew, though some courses are taught in English. New faculty members are expected to be able to teach in Hebrew within a few years after their arrival.
The deadline for applications is September 25, 2017. Candidates selected by the Department will compete with candidates from other departments in the Faculty of Social Sciences for available positions.
Please submit all application materials electronically at: https://ttp.ekmd.huji.ac.il